Monday, September 15, 2008

The Pumpkin Experiment

Here are the pumpkins I'm growing using the 1,000ppm giberellic acid solution. I germinated them in plastic baggies containting paper towels sprayed with the mixture. The seeds say they should germinate in 6-10 days. They did so in two. I let them stew in the baggie for one extra day and today, technically day 3, I planted them in this box to get them to grow into strong seedlings, then, they go outside into the garden. I'll be posting pics all along the way. There are 5
types of pumpkins in this box, so, it will be interesting to see how each one does.

I saw one account with a picture that seems to be genuine where a guy grew a 900lb pumpkin in 45 days with this stuff. Sounds like bullshit, but, after what I've seen these past few days, I'm starting to think it's true. Time will tell...and not that much time from what it looks like.

No comments: