Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welder making an iron heart


I was walking around the south side of Pittsburgh the other day and I came across this welding shop right alongside the railroad tracks. I stopped in and asked if he minded if I took a quick picture of him welding. I said I didn't want to bother him. He said, what do you want me to weld? I said, really, just a random shot would be fine. Just then, my young daughter walked into the shop and his eyes popped open. "I have an idea", he shot back. He ran into the back, grabbed a couple of pieces of iron. He banged, grinded and made all sorts of noise, then, called us over. He told her to turn away from the light, and asked if I was ready. I set the camera on Av, pointed it at him, and turned away, myself. I took this shot of him welding together a beautiful iron heart for my daughter to take home, no charge. She was happy, and I was, too. So, here's the shot:

No comments: